The most sought after IP English Tuition and Language Arts Tuition!
Why IP English and Language Arts Lessons at illum.e?
At illum.e, as experts in the English Language and General Paper, our IP English and Language Arts lessons are always high quality and built to provide the key foundational skills for students to score, and be ready for General Paper studies.
With proven results, and students scoring 'A's from various schools like Hwa Chong Institution, Dunman High, Nanyang Girls' High School, Temasek Junior College, National Junior College and much more, illum.e's lessons are always in high demand as we cover skills in a deeper, yet understandable way for students from various IP schools!
What will a typical illum.e lesson look like?
In a word, 'stimulating'.
Our highly qualified, and friendly tutors have designed the IP / LA English lessons specifically to stimulate the intellectual curiosity of our students, while ensuring that foundational skills, inclusive of key strategies and structures for writing, application questions, or comprehension questions are well inculcated.
Expect high buzz intellectual discussions, as we illuminate students to the key issues around the world before reconnecting to the Singapore Context for Application Questions. Lessons will begin typically with in-depth and specially curated content notes, as well as skills which the tutors will discuss and build on with the students before students engage in a series of curated tasks with close monitoring and feedback to close any learning gaps.
Why are illum.e IP English and Language Arts Lessons the most sought after in Singapore?
Unlike other centres, we have a specialised and dedicated IP/LA Curriculum team, producing the most rigourous content notes and lesson plans.
With our GP expertise, we are also able to scaffold and build 'bite-sized' thinking frames for students to easily grasp the key skills and strategies that so many struggle with at JC level. With this strong foundation and intellectual development, we are proud to say that our result-proven curriculum has ensured all our IP/LA students enter JC with an 'A1-2' for IP English / Language Arts in 2022.
At illum.e, as experts in the English Language and General Paper, IP English and Language Arts lessons are always high quality and built to provide the key foundational skills for students to score, and be ready for General Paper studies. Our lessons are always in high demand as we cover skills sought after by students from various IP schools!
Our team of dedicated and passionate tutors are committed to assisting your child in developing the necessary skills, from comprehending concepts to producing accurate and quality answers that demonstrate critical thinking. We do an extensive scan of all school papers and national examinations to ensure our content is always rigourous and up to date.
With a deeper scaffold of important skills to write well and with impact, as well as various reading and comprehension skills, illum.e's lessons are highly sought after for filling the gaps in many school curricula that do not adequately teach essential skills. Grow your child's perspectives and love for language through the tuition classes at illum.e today!
- Key skills lectures and unique strategies on essential skills for writing well, such as how to describe vividly using 'Show not Tell' for specific writing scenarios within the literary genre.
- Understand the 16 different question types that anchor argumentative questions in IP English and Language Arts, with key steps and strategies, structures and thinking frames to achieve maximum content marks.
- Comprehension and thoroughly researched content notes constantly updated to help students study smart, providing a convincing array of arguments and examples which are the most concise and researched notes available.
- Unique and scaffolded strategies for different writing components and recognising question analysis and demand for the deepest analysis and evaluative answering techniques.
- Intensive application practices which reveal and enable students to connect the gaps between Reading and Writing different genres of writing.
- Key and foundational grammar skills inclusive of resolutions of common grammar mistakes inculcated to master editing and to enhance writing skills not taught elsewhere.
- Comprehensive and updated scaffolds and answering techniques to systematically perfect answers to all question types
- Specific step-by-step techniques and practices for varying question types to master how to answer comprehension questions, particularly more complex ones, successfully to attain full marks.
- Thorough analysis and annotation of texts to dissect Paper 2 passages and select the best Application Question arguments, together with rigourous skill notes examining different structures and answers,
- Formulaic scaffolds for various language techniques seen in question types, inclusive of thinking frames and impactful writing application practices to cement understanding.
- Thematised Reading Analysis in conjunction with Paper 1 practices (based on content themes and genres) to understand the reading-writing connection.
- Key skills on how to read and annotate passages of varying genres succinctly and effectively to aid answering of comprehension questions.
- Inculcation of contextual clues and analysis of texts for Application questions, together with augmented notes on the Singapore context.
- Scaffolded literature notes, and essay analysis for students pursuing language arts.
ASK US ANYTHING
Have questions on our tuition services? Drop us an enquiry and we will get back to you as soon as possible.